These configuration instructions will guide you through configuring your Westell modem for multiple computers (static IP with NAT enabled).
Note: Even though the Westell modem offers a "Routed Bridge" option, these instructions do not use that setting.
- Follow the instructions provided with your Westell modem to connect your Westell modem to your computer and DSL line. Your computer should be configured to obtain an IP address automatically from the Westell modem. If you are using a Macintosh, select Configure Using: DHCP Server.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 or http://dslrouter in the Address Bar. You should receive a prompt to enter a username and password, unless you have already changed them. Enter "admin" for the username and "password" for the password.
Note: If you do not see this screen, then the Administrator password has already been changed. If you have already changed the password then you should see the westell modem homepage.
- Hold your mouse over the Configuration menu and select VC Configuration.
- Now you should see the VC Configuration screen.
- Click on the Edit button to the right of VCI 35.
- You should see a screen similar to what is below, click on the Protocol dropdown select Bridge. On the Mode dropdown select Routed Bridge. Enter your IP address, subnet mask, gateway and dns servers. Click the Set VC button.
- You should see the following box. Click OK.
- That's it! As soon as the modem finishes rebooting, you should have a live DSL connection.